realest thing I’ve seen in a while
this was so amazing. so thought provoking. an eye-opening social criticism.
It’s a GOOD reason to get a degree in engineering.
Various images of the same Ukrainian protestor during the early stages of the riots and clashes with the government before Russia intervened. (GRH)
If I did not know any better, this is looks like stills to some Superhero movie.
“More girls should join boys’ teams so it could be a tradition and it wouldn’t be so special.” - 13-year-old Mo’Ne Davis, the 18th girl to play in the Little League World Series in its 68-year history, the FIRST girl to throw a Little League World Series SHUTOUT. Her fastball? 70 MILES PER HOUR. #throwlikeagirl #BlackGirlsROCK
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
The Ravens of the Tower of London
Audrey Hepburn, 1953
Bill Brandt, The Queen Elizabeth, 1946
Environ Health Perspective, 2009 January, Vol. 117, No. 1, pages A20 - A27
The effects of light pollution by Jeremy Stanley.
Saw my all time favourite dress. Great opportunity to shoot some close-ups!